Chicago Fire FC is back at Soldier Field on Saturday night to resume MLS regular season play against D.C. United coming out of the three-week FIFA international break.
Head Coach Ezra Hendrickson and his side will be looking to kickstart a busy summer ahead with three points in front of the home fans against their Eastern Conference foes. The Fire were victorious when these two sides last met on March 12, when Stanislav Ivanov and Jonathan Bornstein provided the goals in a 2-0 road win at Audi Field.
Tonight's nationally-televised match kicks off at 7 p.m. CT, with coverage available on UniMás, TUDN, Univision Radio, and an English stream on Twitter. Get the details on tonight's just-released Fire starting XI below:
- Four changes have been made to the starting lineup from the Fire's last outing against Toronto FC on May 28.
- A pair of defensive swaps have been made to the back line, as Wyatt Omsberg returns to the lineup to partner with captain Rafael Czichos, and Jonathan Bornstein lines up out wide opposite Boris Sekulić. Omsberg missed the Toronto match while out due to health and safety protocols. Bornstein makes his first start since May 14 and earns his fourth overall of the 2022 regular season.
- Two changes have additionally been made in midfield, where Brian Gutiérrez and Stanislav Ivanov will spell the injured Xherdan Shaqiri (right thigh) and Jairo Torres (left hip). Gutiérrez receives his seventh start of the campaign, representing a new single-season high for the 19-year-old Homegrown product. Ivanov will make his 10th appearance in the starting lineup this season, his first since the Fire's May 7 match against Atlanta United.
- Schaumburg, Ill. native Chris Mueller joins Gutiérrez and Ivanov in attacking midfield, making his fourth straight start.
- Supporting the trio will be Gastón Giménez and Federico Navarro, who lineup alongside one another in deep-lying midfield for the third-straight outing.
- Forward Kacper Przybyłko scored his team-leading third goal of the season in the Fire's last match, and returns to lead the attacking unit this evening.
- In goal, 18-year-old 'keeper Gabriel Slonina takes his usual spot between the sticks, making his 15th start of the season.
- Available to Hendrickson as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Spencer Richey, defender Carlos Terán, defender Andre Reynolds II, defender Jhon Espinoza, midfielder Javier Casas Jr., midfielder Mauricio Pineda, forward Jhon Durán, forward Fabian Herbers, and forward Chinonso Offor.
- Defender Kendall Burks (right knee), midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri (right thigh), defender Miguel Navarro (health & safety protocols), and midfielder Jairo Torres (left hip) are unavailable for selection today due to injury.
Get a look at D.C.'s starting lineup below as it becomes available: